Sunday, January 4, 2009

Who's behind 52 Short Stories?

adam book I, Adam Di Stefano, write this blog, as well as what will hopefully amount to 52 short stories by the end of the year.

There are better places to find my professional resume, but here is a quick overview of my professional life, as well as an attempt to give you a sense of who I really am.

I am currently employed by a major corporation as an E-media and Advertising Specialist. I am also a freelance writer. I detain two law degrees. Between law school and now, I have worked as a legal counsel, a director of food services, and a fashion columnist. My work experience is nothing, if not eclectic.

I live in Montreal, Quebec, where I was born and raised, but spend a significant amount of time in Boston, MA of late.

I would list my hobbies and interests, but unfortunately, they are even more eclectic than my employment history. The one constant in my life seems to be the inability to focus on a single thing for any long period of time. I tend to dive into things head first, become totally immersed, and then get bored and move onto something else. I bore easily, and as a result, end up being a consummate generalist. A trait which I find very helpful in writing.

I am either a product of an age that promotes split-second satisfaction, short attention spans, and ridiculously easy access to information or am merely lucky to have been born in one. So, while I by no means recommend that anyone else strive to be like me, I have made my peace with my personality, and embrace it.

There are a few other aspects of my personality that will become evident to anyone who reads this blog on a semi-regular basis, such as my obsession with simplicity, my fascination with productivity, and my desire to prove myself a creative genius.

But I'll let you witness those for yourself.







No comments:

Post a Comment